|All Days:||09:00 - 21:00|
With type 2 diabetes, your body either resists the effects of insulin — a hormone that regulates the movement of sugar into your cells — or doesn't produce enough insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. This is mostly a lifestyle disorder and, you can manage the condition by eating well, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight. If diet and exercise don't control your blood sugar, you may need diabetes medications. Ayurveda offers effective diabetic medications; in mild to moderate cases, they can be alternative and in severe cases they act as excellent complimentary support.
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that's found in the fats (lipids) in your blood. Bad or LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow. Eventually, these deposits make it difficult for enough blood to flow through your arteries. Decreased blood flow in the heart results in a heart attack and that to your brain can cause a stroke. High cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia) can be inherited, but it's often the result of unhealthy lifestyle choices. A healthy diet, regular exercise and sometimes medication can reduce high cholesterol. Reduce - Ghee, butter, oils, dalda, fried food, ice creams, bakery items, mutton, egg yolk, alcohol, tubers and ground nuts in your foods and favor - fibre rich food, horse gram, garlic, fenugreek, bitter gourd, greens, soya beans, tomato, radish etc
Ayurveda experts at Dr.Shyam's Ayurveda can suggest best Ayurvedic herbs and medicines for hyper cholestremia
If you consume more calories than you spend, you gain weight. The factors — Diet, inactivity, certain medications, medical problems (low thyroid function, polycystic ovarian syndrome, arthritis) usually working in combination — can contribute to weight gain and obesity. A person with a BMI of 30 or more is generally considered obese. Eating just 150 calories more a day than you burn in activity can lead to a gain of 5kg a year. You would have to walk for one hour to burn the energy from one cup of cooked white rice; therefore, what you eat is more important. Not getting enough sleep can actually slow your metabolism making weight loss difficult.
Dr. Shyam’s Ayurveda approach to treating metabolic syndrome and obesity is not just about external therapies; it’s rather a holistic & personalised approach.
Our approach for losing weight is through the below steps:
- Ayurveda consultation to identify the cause; also to plan the targets and time plan
- Lifestyle modification - Dietetics ( Ayurveda Diet )& Exercise
- Treat the causes of weight gain (eg. Thyroid problems, PCOD)
- External Ayurvedic therapies for inch lose & cellulite reduction (eg: udvarthanam, dhanyamla dhara)
- Internal medications to fasten metabolism & deplete fat( Ayurveda Herbs and medicines)
- Therapies to prevent complications associated with overweight & obesity (diabetes, coronary heart disease, sleep breathing disorders, hypertension, high cholesterol, PCOD, hypothyroidism, menstrual disorders, infertility, stroke, osteoarthritis, fatty liver, gall bladder problems, deep vein thrombosis, asthma, erectile dysfunction, sleep apnea, depression etc)
- Rasayana therapies for long term effect (eg: Silajith Rasayana, Bhallathaka rasayana)
- Ayurveda detoxification programs are incorporated in the weight management treatments